Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Summer #bookaday Adventures


This summer I'm encouraging my students to participate in our library's Summer Reading Challenge as well as our Public Library's Summer Reading Program.  I'm participating in both of those as well, but I'm also participating in another summer reading challenge...#Bookaday.

You can read more about #Bookaday, and its inspiring creator, Donalyn Miller, but the gist of the idea is that it challenges teachers to read as much as they can over the summer.  For me, that's going to mean reading a book every day.  Some will be picture books, some will be middle grades novels, some will be adult nonfiction, and some will be poetry.  I'm going to be keeping track of which book I read each day on Twitter and through Goodreads.  I've also set up a widget below that will show you a list of the books I've read this summer.

So, here's what I've read... what are you reading this summer?


Mrs. G's Summer #bookaday Reads

The One and Only Ivan
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
Oddrey
Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald
White Fur Flying
Emma
The Centered School Library

No comments:

Post a Comment